This post is the first in a TSChatWise “Getting Started” series.
A Brief History
I like shortcuts! I’m in constant search of what I deem to be the most simple, efficient and effective shortcuts. I consider any tool, system or methodology which helps me streamline workflow and save precious time a shortcut. When I believe I’ve discovered (or perhaps created) a shortcut, especially a G Suite shortcut, I like to share that shortcut with others.
Introducing TSChatWise — a teaching and learning shortcut to greatly simplify and expand your G Suite organization’s educational capacity.
What does TSChatWise do?
TSChatWise posts lessons (or learning resources) specified in a Google Sheet to one or more Google Chat rooms on a time interval specified by the Google Sheet owner.
👉 See the Google Chat rooms documentation if you’re new to Google Chat rooms.
👉 TSChatWise is intended to complement the learning environment fostered by Google Classroom.
Why would I use TSChatWise?
👉 G Suite
- Available for G Suite for Education and G Suite for Business
- Built on Google Sheets and Google Chat
- Powered by Apps Script
- Inherently Secure (empowering G Suite Administrators)
👉 Mobile Friendly
👉 Convenient for Instructors
- Post creatively curated lessons and resources on a pre-scheduled interval
- Support a “Go-Slow” learning approach (see Alice Keeler’s Go-Slow Workshops for more information)
- Foster collaboration and discussion
- Include Internal and External participants
👉 Convenient for Participants
- Learn at your own pace
- Learn on your own schedule
- Collaborate with colleagues
- Search lesson and resource archives
👉 Open Source
Potential Uses for TSChatWise
- Provide Professional Development Training
- Onboard New Staff Members
- Share School and District Resources
- Supply IT Help Desk Solutions to Remote Users
- Onboard New Hires
- Train Teams
- Innovate on New Product Ideas
- Share Support Resources with External Customers & Clients
😀🥝⚽⛰️🏖️🗾💡 AD HOC
- Master a New Language
- Explore Places of Interest
- Share Health and Fitness Tips
- Learn to Code
- Inspire Busy Professionals with Easy to Prepare Meals
🚀 … and the list goes on
In upcoming posts I’ll discuss how to install and use TSChatWise.
Looking for the code? See the TSChatWise project on Github.